Hmmm.... so I waited until the VERY LAST DAY, just to try and make sure that my 'change/transformation' in my community would accomplished.... sadly for now, it hasn't been..... yet...
So, for me this game was challenging; I learned quite a number of postive things, among them:
* it opened me up to take a more pro-active approach in making my dreams a reality and accomplishing my goals.
*for me, the idea that from what i have i could still give and make a difference in someone else's life really hit me, ... big!
Ususally, we tend to focus on our circumstances a bit too closely and are blinded from a broader perspective, and seeing the plight of others and not seeing that I could help in some measure, no matter how small.
* This game has better taught me to give thanks for that which i have and that someone somewhere has it a bit rougher than i am....
* from not being able to complete task 5, i've learnt that maybe i should be a little more pushy/ persistent, cajole, coerce, beg, just to get it done. Be more result oriented, that would be my attitude change from the onset of any new project i undertake.
Significant change? Yes please! I now sort out even my siblings clothes to see what can be salvaged and useful to someone else.
I liked the fact that the game had set goals, objectives and deadlines, and this really helped to energise me to accomplish my tasks.
Would I play the game again? Most definitely! On a larger scale? ..emmm.. slightly, but this time i will be a lot more pushy in getting things done while respecting other peoples private space and autonomy.
-from a borrowed computer,
Sincerely yours,
Chiemela Azurunwa.
Nov., 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment